Convenia For Cats Side Effects
In cats the most common effects are vomiting diarrhea decreased appetite lethargy hyperactivity or acting strange and inappropriate urination.
Convenia for cats side effects. Ive now spoken to 4 people who have had this injection given to their catdog only to have their pets die within. Despite the convenience of injectable antibiotics for pets there are some downsides to consider. Long-acting antibiotic for cats that can have serious side effects I agree with Ianthi that the cat needs to be seen by a different vet but maybe there is another one within this same practice as I do think they should be.
I know the vets generally like to reserve use of it for more serious cases of infection and use oral ABs instead where feasible. Pretty much any type of antibiotic can cause an adverse reaction and this is even truer for animals that were never treated with it before. The WORST side-effect of convenia is death quite frankly.
Does Convenia have any side effects. One was off feeding a little vomiting and lethargic for the first few days afterwards however they were also symptoms of her triggering illness so it is doubtful if these can be seen as side-effects of Convenia. Cefovecin is given by injection and is used on and off label to treat bacterial infections in dogs and cats.
Precautions and Side Effects. The research that I did about Convenia after my dog got sick in fact made me believe that the drug made her ill. Death tremorsataxia seizures anaphylaxis acute pulmonary edema facial edema injection site reactions alopecia scabs necrosis and erythema hemolytic anemia salivation pruritus lethargy vomiting diarrhea and.
The Convenia injection made him sicker. The most severe reaction is an allergic one and some dogs and cats can suffer anaphylactic shock if they are allergic to cephalosporins or penicillins. What are the side effects of Convenia shots.
The primary side effects reported with CONVENIA injections in cats and dogs are vomiting diarrhea lethargy and decreased appetite. A couple of my cats have had a Convenia injection in the past. A one-time injection that exerts its antibacterial effects for up to 14 days effectively eliminating the need for owners to have to orally medicate cats and dogs sick with infections.
- Big And Small Animals Images
- Bernese Mountain Dog Breeders Wisconsin
- Best Food For My Pug Puppy
- Bernedoodle Puppies Immediately Available Uk
- Bernedoodle Puppies Immediately Available Pa
- Bernese Mountain Dog Mix Puppies Michigan
- Big Cat Rescue Logo
- Bernedoodle Puppies Millersburg Ohio
- Bernese Mountain Dog Puppies Texas Cost
- Big Animals Small Animals Sing And Sign
- Big Cat Family Barstool
- Bernese Mountain Dog Breeders Colorado Springs
- Bernese Mountain Dog Puppies Dallas Tx
- Bernedoodle Puppies Immediately Available Indiana
- Best Stuffed Animals For Dogs
- Big Cat List Wikipedia
- Best Service Animals For Anxiety
- Bernese Mountain Dog Puppies California Northern
- Bengal Cats Near Me For Adoption
- Big Cat Family Animals