Cat Breed With Folded Down Ears
The most prominent feature of the breed is the ears which are wide-set and point down and forwards which gives the head and face a round appearance.
Cat breed with folded down ears. Scottish Fold kittens are born with straight ears but they fold when they are around 21 days old. The Scottish Fold is the most well-known folded ear cat. They are a medium sized cat with a rounded body.
The first known Scottish Fold cat was discovered on a farm in Perthshire which is in the Tayside region in Scotland in 1961. Descended from a folded-ear Scottish farm cat the Fold is not recognized as a breed by the leading cat registry in the UK because of concerns about genetically linked health problems although it has been more successful in the US. From the cats point of view the folded ears are unable to communicate the usual mood signals seen when a cat becoming angry or scared starts to flatten its ears for fighting.
This breed of cat was named Scottish Folded in the year 1966. The white female farm cat was found on the McRae farm near Coupar Angus in 1961 in Scotland. Originally named Lops after the lop-eared rabbit the breed was renamed as the Scottish Fold in 1966 in honor of the country the breed started in and their folded-over ears.
This is a relatively rare breed of cat that requires plenty of attention. We brought him to the vet two weeks ago for another minor issue and she checked out his ears and everything looked good. The unrecognised Oriental Fold is a SiameseOriental type cat with folded ears I believe it came from attempts to breed colourpoint Scottish Folds.
With an appearance thats often described as owl-like because of their folded down ears and short puffy fur that almost resembles feathers the Scottish Fold is an adorable and instantly recognizable cat. Kittens with no fold are called Scottish Straights the straight ears are also called perk earsThe straight-eared Folds are still valuable to the breeding program because they do carry the fold gene. Sporting round heads with tight forward facing folded ears and large eyes Scottish folds always draw a lot of attention.
The Hemingway Fold is an unrecognised variety of fold-eared cat with extra toes. Even with its folded ears there are no special diseases or hearing problems with the Scottish Fold. Different cat registries have named the folded ear cat differently.
- Red Data Book Animals Details
- Red Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale Nc
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale Bc
- Red Lab Puppies Michigan
- Rainforest Animals And Plants Pictures
- Rare Cat Breeds Of The World
- Red Standard Poodle Puppies Mississippi
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies Nj
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies Maryland
- Raining Cats And Dogs Metaphor
- Red Sable German Shepherd Puppies
- Renal Failure In Cats Uk
- Red Sable German Shepherd Puppies For Sale
- Rainforest Animals Ks1 Worksheet
- Raining Cats And Dogs Sentence
- Revolution For Cats Amazon
- Renal Failure In Cats Mouth Ulcers
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale Ontario
- Revolution For Cats Side Effects
- Rainforest Animals Line Drawings